This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure for more information.
Add healthy vegetables to your diet, and save time by adding broccoli to your rice and making broccoli rice.
Broccoli rice was a bit of a revelation for me when I first made it. It opened up all kinds of windows and doors about what’s possible.
The greatness of this dish is that it combines two main elements of the meal into one: cooked vegetables and grain.
It can easily be made with leftover rice as well, which makes it extremely quick to make.
Broccoli is high in fiber, anti-inflammatory, and supportive of immune health.
You can easily switch up the broccoli in this recipe with your favorite vegetable, such as Brussel sprouts, cauliflower, carrots, or your favorite leafy greens.
Related Recipes You May Also Enjoy
Recipe for Broccoli Rice
To cook the rice
- 1 cup Basmati rice (or Jasmine)
- 1 3/4 cups Water
- 1 pinch Himalayan pink salt
- Cook the rice separately, or make this recipe using leftover cooked rice. To cook the rice, cover the rice with cold water and rinse once, add washed rice to a pot, add cooking water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to very low and cover. Set a timer for 12 minutes. Turn off the heat and let stand until needed.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat. Add ghee, turmeric powder, and asafetida and sizzle the spices for 20-30 seconds until you can smell the aroma.
- Add the broccoli, along with a tablespoon of water, and the salt. Mix well to evenly combine. Cover, and cook for 3-5 minutes until the broccoli is soft and just cooked.
- Add cooked rice into the skillet and combine well with the broccoli. Squeeze in the lemon. Enjoy!